Class 4 and Class 7 MOT's
Turner Brothers can provide Class 4 and Class 7 Mot testing, our fully trained staff and state of the art facilities give you the confidence that your vehicle is in safe hands and tested to ensure your safety. You can book an MOT test up to 30 days before it's due date.
If your vehicle is 3 years or older you are required by law to have an annual MoT Test. An MoT Test is required to make sure your vehicle meets the minimum safety level required by law.
By law it is the owners responsibility to ensure the vehicle has a current MoT.
Booking your vehicle in for an MoT couldn't be easier, just contact one of our friendly service staff and they'll help you book your vehicle in and talk you through all the necessary steps to get your vehicle an MoT.
Call now on 01484 682288 or Book your MOT Online
To make life esier you can book your MOT online, just fill in you're details in the form below and we'll confirm your booking as soon as possible.
MOT tests can be carried out on your car up to one month prior to the expiry date of an existing UK MOT certificate provided that you have a current MOT certificate and present this to the examiner at the time of the test. On passing the MOT, you will then receive a certificate valid from the date of expiry of your existing MOT
|Cars (up to 8 seats)
|Light Commercial 3,000KG - 3,500KG
|MOT Checks Include|| |
- ID Checks: Vehicle identification number. Age first test certificate required (in years)
- Registration plate: Condition, security, legibility and format of letters/numbers
- Lights: Condition, operation, security and correct colour. The headlamps will also be checked to see if the aim is correct
- Steering and suspension: Condition, operation, security and correct colour
- Wipers and washers: Operate to give the driver a clear view of the road
- Windscreen: Condition and drivers view of the road
- Horn: Correct operation and type
- Seatbelts: All seatbelts installed are checked for type, condition, operation and security. All compulsory seatbelts must be in place
- Fuel system: No leaks, fuel cap fastens correctly and seals securely. The fuel cap will need to be opened. Make sure the key is available
- Exhaust emissions: Vehicle meets the requirement for exhaust emission. These vary on the age and fuel type of the vehicle
- Exhaust system: Complete, secure, without serious leaks and silences effectively
- Vehicle structure: Free from excessive corrosion or damage in specific areas. No sharp edges
- Doors: Open and close. Latch securely in closed position. Front doors should open from inside and outside the vehicle. Rear doors may need to be opened to gain access to testable items
- Wheels and tyres: Condition, security, tyre size and type, and tread depth. Spare tyres are not tested
- Brakes: Condition, operation and performance (efficiency test). Suitable vehicles will be tested on a roller brake tester. Vehicles such as those with permanent 4-wheel drive will be tested either on a suitable road using a properly calibrated and maintained decelerometer or, if one is installed at the test station, a plate brake tester